Do Urgent Care Centers Provide Coronavirus Tests?
Urgent care in Laguna Niguel, CA offers top healthcare services in a clean and trusted facility. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Surfside Urgent Care provides coronavirus testing for your peace of mind.
What Does Urgent Care Handle?
Urgent care facilities handle any health-related issues that are not necessarily emergencies but still need attention within 24 hours. This includes the following:
- Broken bones
- Minor cuts that need stitches
- Mild cases of asthma
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea (if lasting more than two days)
- Sore throat
- Painful ear
- Mild cases of fever
- Urinary tract issues
Coronavirus: What Is It?
Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is an airborne respiratory illness that rapidly spreads through droplets from an infected person. As the droplets float through the air, they can infect others by entering through the nose, eyes, or mouth. Surfside Urgent Care provides coronavirus tests to people who think they may have contracted the illness or were exposed to someone recently diagnosed.
The illness can present itself in many ways, and sometimes not present any symptoms at all. Here are the most common symptoms you may experience if you’ve contracted the illness:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A sudden loss of smell or taste
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, it’s important to get tested as soon as you can at urgent care in Laguna Niguel, CA.
If you’re planning to get a coronavirus test, there are multiple diagnostic tests to choose from that are offered:
- Viral testing: Viral tests will detect an existing infection. This involves a nasal swab to collect a sample of your mucus from the back of your nose. Viral tests are the best type of test to get if you think you may be currently infected. At Surfside Urgent Care, we offer COVID-19 rapid antigen tests and PCR tests.
- Antibody testing: This type of test will determine if you’ve had the virus in the past. A sample of your blood is needed in order to test this. It can only be detected if 10 days have passed since the person was exposed to coronavirus. Our clinic offers reliable antibody testing in Laguna Niguel, CA.
Visit Surfside Urgent Care for Coronavirus Testing
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or would like to know if you’ve had it in the past, it’s a good idea to get tested. Get tested for coronavirus at Surfside Urgent Care in Laguna Niguel, CA.