We currently offer COVID-19 Rapid Antigen, COVID-19 PCR and Antibody testing.
Due to the recent surge of COVID-19 cases in Orange County, RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL COVID-19 TESTING, please click one of the two links below to reserve your spot in line. We are working tirelessly to accommodate as many patients as possible, your patience and understanding is appreciated. Online reservations are coming soon.
Upon arrival to the clinic, a member of our staff will direct you to a parking spot. Due to limited parking, you may be asked to park on the street and stand in line. Carpooling is recommended if there are multiple individuals in your family/group getting tested. We can only perform ONE COVID-19 test per person per visit. Masks are required.
8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday-Sunday
*No appointments are needed for all other urgent care visits. We take our last patient 30 minutes prior to closing
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test
- A mid-nasal swab, comfortable (does not go deep)
- Fee is $135
- We cannot bill your insurance
- Results in 20 minutes
- Detects live, active infection
- FDA Authorized test
RESULTS: Once tested, you will be asked to return to the clinic in 20 minutes to pick up results, or we can call you by 8pm end of day.
COVID-19 PCR Testing
- A Nasopharyngeal Swab is performed, and the specimen sent to a reputable lab
- We can bill your insurance (requires office visit with provider and vitals)
- Fee is $150 (without insurance)
- Results in 2-10 days
- Detects live, active infection
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Requires a sample of the patient’s blood
- Blood draw performed in office only (patients must be asymptomatic)
- We can bill your insurance (requires office visit and vitals)
- Fee is $195 (without insurance)
- Results in 2-3 days
- Detects past infection with COVID-19
RESULTS: Patients are notified with their results as they become available, please do not call for results unless it has been at least 6 days since you have been tested. We are receiving hundreds of calls for test results. You will receive a phone call by 8pm the day the lab releases your result.
When Should I Be Tested?
- If you are experiencing any symptoms (cough, fever, body aches, shortness of breath, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, loss of smell, headache)
- If it has been 5 days since known exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual
Will My Insurance Cover My Covid-19 Visit?
Please be advised that if you are using your insurance, and not experiencing any symptoms and have no known exposure or possible exposure, including pre-op visits, return to work, or travel, your visit may or may not be fully covered by your insurance. The rates for your office visit are determined by your insurance, not our facility. If you have questions about your coverage and financial responsbility, please call your insurance directly.
Boarding A Flight?
- We are not participating in the Hawaii travel program
- Patients are solely responsible to determine which test is required by their airline
- Patients are solely responsible to determine timeline for testing
- We cannot guarantee the lab processing time for PCR testing
- Surfside Urgent Care of Laguna Beach is not responsible if patients are denied entry or are forced to quarantine upon arrival to their travel destination.
Free Covid-19 Testing
- Not available at our facility
- Please visit the Orange County Public Health Website for locations
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING HUNDREDS OF CALLS A DAY AND ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER ALL CALLS AT THIS TIME. IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING COVID-19 OR YOUR FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, PLEASE VISIT THE CDC WEBSITE OR CALL YOUR INSURANCE DIRECTLY. YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING IS APPRECIATED.
Surfside Urgent Care Offers Multiple Ways to Safely Combat COVID-19
Are you concerned that you might have contracted the COVID-19 coronavirus?
Have you been in contact with someone who developed COVID-19?
Have you visited someplace with a large number of people who aren't taking appropriate precautions against the disease, such as wearing masks or gloves?
If so, you need a safe and efficient source for COVID-19 testing in Laguna Beach, CA. You can receive it at Surfside Urgent Care!
The COVID-19 coronavirus is extremely contagious, and that's why we are taking special precautions to protect you, ourselves, and our other patients from the disease.
If you think you need COVID-19 testing, stay at home. Do not come directly to the clinic. Instead, just give us a call to consult with one of our qualified staff. They'll discuss your situation with you, and then recommend a course of action.
We offer testing services in a clean environment that is sterilized thoroughly after every patient. That means you can get tested in safety, without worrying about picking up any disease while you wait.
This is the safest and easiest way to ensure people in Laguna Beach have access to the COVID-19 testing they need.
Surfside Urgent Care Offers Reliable Disease Testing
We offer both swab-based tests, as well as FDA-approved antibody testing services. Between these tests, we can determine conclusively whether you've contracted the coronavirus, or if you've had it in the past.
We all need to work together to prevent COVID-19 from causing more damage. Once again, if you fear that you've been exposed to the coronavirus, stay home. Don't come to the clinic. Instead, just give us a call, and we'll help you from there.