Are you looking into vitamin B12 shots near you in Laguna Beach? B12 injections are popular for a wide variety of reasons, but they aren't for everyone, and they potentially carry some side effects. Here's what you need to know.
What is Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin the human body needs to function. It serves several purposes within the body, including maintenance of DNA, and red blood cell creation. A lack of B12 can lead to anemia, among other conditions.
Vitamin B12 is usually received by eating food, primarily meats. However, it is also possible to receive supplemental Vitamin B12 shots in Laguna Beach, if needed.
Who gets Vitamin B12 supplemental shots?
A typical person has at least 1-2 years’ worth of B12 stored in their body at any point. However, there are still some people who may need a supplemental shot from time to time. These include:
• Vegetarians / Vegans: Very few plants produce B12 naturally, so it is relatively common for dedicated vegetarians to develop a B12 deficiency by never eating foods that contain it.
• Those with an inability to absorb B12: Some people's bodies have difficulty extracting B12 from the foods they eat, leading to vitamin deficiencies.
• Those with gastrointestinal disorders: People who have had gastric bypass surgery, or suffer digestive diseases, may not be able to properly absorb B12.
• Smokers or alcoholics: Excessive use of tobacco or alcohol for long periods can inhibit the body's ability to absorb and utilize B12.
• Older adults: Many older people, particularly those past retirement age, may develop B12 deficiencies.
What are the signs of Vitamin B12 deficiency?
Because B12 is used in many ways within the body, there are numerous symptoms of B12 deficiency. These include:
• Memory problems
• Balance issues
• Chronic headaches
• Swollen, sore, or discolored tongue
• Mouth ulcers
• Sudden vision changes
Are there side-effects to getting B12 shots in Laguna Beach?
Because B12 is water-soluble, it is effectively impossible to overdose. However, there are some minor side effects to having an excess of B12 in the body, including:
• Irritation or swelling at the injection site
• Muscle cramps
• Swelling around the wrists or ankles
• Irregular heartbeat
• In rare cases, serious allergic reactions such as difficulty breathing
Get Vitamin B12 Shots Near You at Surfside Urgent Care of Laguna Beach
If you're interested in vitamin B12 shots in Laguna Beach, you should consult with medical professionals before receiving treatment. Contact Surfside Urgent Care of Laguna Beach for Vitamin B12 shots near you and more.